Skip to main content

Announcing the Bloghop of Joy (Yup, it is exactly as cheesy as it sounds!)

I promised you a bloghop - aaand here it is!


That's right, I am teaming up with the super awesome Clare Dugmore to create The Bloghop of Joy! Here are the details!

The idea for this hop came about while watching a Russell Howard DVD. Towards the end, he tells the audience about his "List of Joy." These are the small, sometimes slightly unusual things that always cheer him up - so now we want to know, what is on your list of joy? 

In these cold, winter months, everything can seem kind of ... bleak. However, every now and again, something small will happen that makes us smile again. It could be a random memory, something you see on TV, overhearing something that makes you laugh out loud  - just that one thing that makes the clouds part, and the sunshine appear again. We're not talking life-changing moments, just the little things that inexplicably make us smile.

All you have to do to be a part of this happy hop is sign up on the Linky List, and on March 1st, post your list of joy - with a minimum of five things that put a spring back in your step!

Because both Clare and myself have given away a bunch of things recently, there won't be any prizes for participation - but we think hearing what makes everyone else happy is a pretty decent prize!

If you want some examples of the "little things" and to see the inspiration for the hop, here's the video. (If you're not keen on swearing, skip to 1 minute 41, and that's where the list starts.) We hope you'll join us to spread some happiness across the blogosphere! Also, if you wouldn't mind sharing the bloghop banner in your sidebars, that would be awesome! We've even generated the HTML and put it in a handy-dandy box to help you out. Just copy and paste this into your side bar:

Comments

  1. I love cheesey! We could all use more joy. Can't wait to see all those smiling faces :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm currently suffering through summer, but this season always gives me plenty to whine about. So I am happy to participate in this blogfest and daydream about colder climes. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great blogfest to me, I'm in :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All signed up! I could not love this idea more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such a warm and fuzzy idea! I'm signed up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. God, that guy is fantastic. Never heard of him before, but I'll definitely check his materials. His fun!

    and what a great idea, this Bloghop of Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great blog hop! Looking forward to reading all the 'Joy' posts!

    Nas

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I'll be able to participate, though I didn't put my link or e-mail in the spaces above; I hope that's okay. The reason I didn't put my info up is because I've been having a problem with leaving my e-mail address on blogs lately; the link that should go to my blog instead links people to my e-mail account, which means that everyone can access my e-mail. Fortunately the bloggers I contacted removed the links, but just in case I've been careful not to put my e-mail address down anymore; I'm not sure why it keeps happening to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, just leave a comment over here on bloghop day and I'll come over to check out your post!

      Delete
  10. This sounds great, and fits nicely with my small celebrations i'd be doing on Friday! So I am IN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea for a Hop! I'm a fan of cheesy. :D Thanks for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just stumbled across this today. Sounds like a great idea! Hope it's not too late to enter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

GUTGAA Meet and Greet!

Oh, I have SO been looking forward to this!! But, before I start, I need to send a huge apology to Emily R.King and Melodie Wright. I signed up to their What I Did Last Summer Bloghop , but it looks like I'm not going to have the time to participate. :( I've never backed out of a bloghop before, but as you may have noticed, I've been kind of out of the blogging loop for a while and now I'm struggling to catch up! Please go and check out Emily and Melodie's hop, though - it's fun! :D NOW, onto GUTGAA! This amazing blogfest was put together by Deana Barnhart , and was designed to help writers in their quest to find an agent, plus help form connections between writers. The idea is genius and I am so excited to be a part of it! So, I am going to begin with the meet and greet questions, and I'll be hopping around to other blogs later! :D Bio : Kyra Lennon was born on the South coast of England, and to this day, still lives by the sea. Fiction wr...

If I Let You Go Cover Reveal & Bloghop Signup

I am SO freaking excited to share this with you!! Even though I only announced the cover reveal last week, it's felt like it's taken years to get to today! I would like to FINALLY reveal the cover for my first novella, If I Let You Go: Title: If I Let You Go (Novella) Category : New Adult (NA) Genre : Contemporary Romance Release Date : October 22 nd 2012 Synopsis: Madison Connor is about to lose it. Her job, that is. For three years, she’s taken care of Dominic Hartley’s five year old daughter, Tilly, but her world is flipped on its head when Dominic tells her his latest promotion is taking him to New York. With Tilly having a meltdown over the move, Madison and Dominic get into a fight that changes the entire nature of their relationship, causing Madison to ask herself a big question. Can she let him go? EEK! SO, whaddya think? :D Annnnd there's more! As I'm not doing a blog tour for this release, I still felt like I needed to ...

WiP: The Movie Blogfest

Since I've been blogging, the fun of blogfests has helped me meet some awesome new people and also helped me to learn a lot of things I would have otherwise missed out on. I love reading snippets of everyone's work, and getting to know each individual writer's style and genre. With that in mind, I would like to announce a brand new blogfest which I am co-hosting with Rachel at Writing On The Wall !     WiP: The Movie - March 9th Your mission, if you choose to accept it, is to post a photo of the actors or actresses you would like to play the characters in your WiP if it were to be made into a movie. It can be just one character, or the entire cast! Secondly, we want you to soundtrack your movie! Head over to YouTube, and post a song that best describes one of your characters, or your story as a whole. Again, you can pick one song, or several, it's entirely up to you! All we ask is that you follow these simple rules: 1, Follow me 2. Follow Rachel (We will ...